Person Hospitalized, Pets Killed In Salt Lake City House Fire
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A family in Salt Lake City tragically lost their two pets — a dog and a cat — after their home was severely damaged in a fire.
Fire crews were called out to a home near 1300 West 500 South around 6:30 a.m. Sunday.
According to SLCFD Chief Walker, three family members were awakened by their smoke detectors and evacuated.
When firefighters arrived, the home was “severely engulfed in flames,” but they were able to extinguish it quickly.
One adult was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
“Unfortunately, the family lost a dog and a cat in the fire,” said the Chief.
Walker said there was extensive damage to the home, but an exact estimate was not immediately available.
The cause remains under investigation.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)