Alleged Road Rage Gunman Charged With Attempted Murder
PROVO, Utah – A man accused of shooting two people in a road rage incident on I-15 in Lehi last week has been charged with attempted murder.
Jesse David Luker, 31, was charged in 4th District Court Tuesday with three counts of attempted murder, a second-degree felony. In addition, he was charged with a first-degree, a second-degree and a third-degree count of discharge of a firearm with serious bodily injury.
According to court documents, Luker was “tailgating the other vehicle in the HOV lane and the victim was brake checking the defendant” on Jan. 25.
Police said they continued south on I-15, yelling and making gestures at each other while both vehicles served across several lanes of traffic.
“At one point, the victim stopped his vehicle in the HOV lane and continued yelling and making gestures,” the document said. “Once the vehicles were driving again, the victim moved to the right lanes, defendant crossed out of the HOV and into the travel lanes. As he did so, defendant fired four to five rounds into the driver side of the victim’s vehicle.”
The chase continued with the victim driving on the right shoulder. Police said Luker moved closer to the other truck and fired five more times into the vehicle.
“After the second group of shots were fired, the victim turned into the defendant’s truck striking it on the rear passenger section and causing the defendant to spin out of control and into the right shoulder barrier (PIT maneuver),” officers said in court documents.
The victim drove to a hospital in American Fork where he was treated for a gunshot. One of his passengers was also shot.
The incident ended near the Lehi Main Street exit.
Luker was ordered to stay in jail without bail.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7131)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 6690)
- KSL TV’s Mike Headrick explains why he’s been off air – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5439)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5264)
- Church announces sites for two US temples – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4969)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4496)