Utah Group Surprises Servers With Big Tips
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The pandemic has not been an easy time for restaurants or their servers, so a group of Utahns is offering a surprise helping hand.
The idea is just to give hardworking servers some huge tips.
The organizer of the group said he was inspired by other efforts around the country to support the restaurant industry. So he decided to get a group of people together every week to support restaurants that have taken a hit during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Every person brings a $100 tip, and it’s presented collectively at the end of the meal.
On Wednesday, they visited their fifth restaurant in the Salt Lake City area.
The group hopes it makes a big difference.
“There was one girl that was saving for college last week, and the week before that a girl that was kind of helping take care of her family,” said Jimmy Rex, owner of Rex Real Estate Team. “Every one of these stories has been very unique, but it’s been really cool to see, you know, there’s just so many good people that want to help right now.”
Rex said the help goes beyond a monetary tip.
“It just shows that people care,” he said.
At La Trattoria Di Francesco in Salt Lake City, the group presented $2,400 to split between the servers.
The group said they’re happy to be part of this effort, and they hope their actions can inspire others to do what they can to lend a helping hand in the community.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)