Two In Custody After Police Chase From Davis To Salt Lake Counties
WOODS CROSS, Utah – Two people have been taken into custody after a pursuit and exchange with an officers that led to shots fired from police.
Chief Chad Soffe from the Woods Cross Police Department said the officer saw a pickup leaving the Manheim auto auction property near 1650 West 500 South around 4 a.m. Sunday.
The officer got out of his vehicle and attempted to speak with the driver and passenger.
Soffe said there was some kind of exchange, and shots were fired by the officer. He said the truck then sped off.
Other officers from the Woods Cross, West Bountiful and West Valley City police departments aided in the pursuit, which ended when the pickup crashed into a chain link fence in West Valley.
Officials said both suspects were taken into custody and booked into the Davis County Jail.
Soffe said the truck had been reported stolen out of Salt Lake City. Officers found a loaded handgun in the vehicle.
Details about any injuries were not available, and investigators were looking into the events leading up to the officer firing shots.
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 27603)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10554)
- FBI execute search warrant at Laundrie residence relevant to Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 10108)
- Possible evidence found in search for Gabby Petito (pageviews: 10037)
- Human remains discovered ‘consistent’ with description of Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9496)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9412)
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended (pageviews: 9350)
- Police: Search for Laundrie concludes for the second day in wildlife reserve (pageviews: 9124)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8624)