Vandals Target Eagle Mountain Golf Course With Racial Slurs
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah – The Ranches Golf Course is investigating a vandal attack that left racial slurs carved into a sand trap and a green.
Golf club members found the slurs Tuesday morning and contacted management.
“This is a very unfortunate event that will not be tolerated at our facility,” said owner Jeff Harbertson. “The Ranches Golf Club is a semi-private club that welcomes any person who wants to participate in the golf community regardless of race or beliefs. We welcome people from all walks of life. We are working with local authorities to find the culprits who have not only vandalized our course but who have offended all humanity with their ignorant slurs.”
Grounds crews immediately began to repair the damages after they were reported.
Club officials are now offering club credit or merchandise to anyone with information on the incident.
“The acts that took place at The Ranches Golf Club are deplorable and have no place in our society,” said Jacob Miller, executive director of the Utah Golf Association. “We as a golf community stand together condemning the racism and hate that has been displayed. The actions of a few do not represent that of Utah golf as a whole, our golf facilities or our allied Utah golf associations, including the UGA, the Utah Section PGA and the Utah Golf Course Superintendents Association. During these trying times in our country, golf has been a respite and sanctuary for people to recreate safely. As the leaders in the state for golf, we strive to make the game inclusive and accessible for all to enjoy and will continue to do so.”
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)