Family Members Describe Moments Leading Up To Kearns Woman’s Disappearance
KEARNS, Utah – The family of a Kearns woman police said was abducted is now talking about their loved one.
Jessica Romero-McDonald is the sister of Conzuelo “Nicole” Solorio-Romero. She told KSL she called 911 on Saturday. She said Conzuelo goes by “Nicole” and she had told her family she was being taken at gunpoint.
They have not heard from her since.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) February 10, 2021
“I want to be hopeful that my sister is alive,” said McDonald, who added her family’s life has been turned upside down since her sister was last seen Saturday.
“I haven’t really slept. I haven’t really done anything,” she told KSL.
“My little sister called me and she said, ‘Hey Jess I’m at the mall and Nicole called me crying saying some guys are trying to take her,’ and I said, ‘OK, hang up and I’ll call the police,’” McDonald said.
She then called 911, but it wouldn’t be the last time.
On Monday, police shared video capturing the abduction in the area of 5000 West and 5400 South in Kearns. McDonald said she was persistent in informing police this was a kidnapping.
Sister shared most recent photo of her sister, Conzuelo “Nicole” Solorio Romero. She says this was taken a day before her alleged abduction. Hear from the family at 6 on @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/eXFropP1EG
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) February 11, 2021
“Dispatch told me because she is an adult that she is allowed to leave and do whatever she wants, but I explained to them, ‘Well this is different because she called and said she was being taken at gunpoint,’” said McDonald.
She said her sister had taken cosmetology classes for a while and is a good person.
“My sister, she’s really spunky, she’s very loving, she’s very caring person. She’s the type of person that would share her last dollar, she would give you her last dollar,” McDonald said, fighting back tears.
The two sisters were close, only 11 months apart.
“We are like best friends,” said McDonald.
The family is now praying for Solorio-Romero’s safe return and asking if anyone sees her or knows anything to please contact authorities and to keep circulating the photos.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 27530)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 9496)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8374)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 6508)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 4092)
- Search continues for Utah man shot at during police confrontation, abduction (pageviews: 2987)