Video Shows Texas Mom As She Tackles Alleged Peeping Tom
LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Even if you think you can run from the cops, good luck getting past this mom.
Mother Phyllis Pena was captured on police dash cam taking down a man she said was trying to look into her 15-year-old daughter’s bedroom window.
“First instinct was just to make sure he didn’t go any further,” she said. “My kids are my life and just making sure I protect them, pretty much.
Lake Jackson Police Sgt. Roy Welch gave her some credit.
“It was a pretty good tackle,” he said.
Welch said the suspect is Zane Hawkins, 19. Police found him nearby, but he tried to get away. They said he started running back toward Pena, who moved in and made the tackle. Her daughter helped hold down the suspect until officers caught up.
“It’s not very often that we have somebody that actually steps in, puts themselves in harm’s way to assist in apprehending somebody,” Welch said.
Pena said she was in mom mode at the time and she just wanted to protect her kids.
“The cop fist bumped me and he was like, ‘Hey so I heard the Texans are looking for a new linebacker,'” she laughed.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)