Little Cottonwood Canyon To Stay Closed Wednesday
SANDY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Transportation announced state Route 210 in Little Cottonwood Canyon will remain closed until Thursday morning at the earliest due to avalanche danger and debris covering the road.
Both Snowbird and Alta were closed and residents and visitors were “interlodged” until further notice.
— UDOT Cottonwood Canyons (@UDOTcottonwoods) February 17, 2021
Both Little Cottonwood Canyon resorts reported over two feet of fresh snow since Tuesday, with Alta receiving 30 inches while Snowbird saw 27 inches.
Crews are continuing avalanche work in the canyon.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)