Family Looking For Answers In Kearns Woman’s Abduction, Apparent Murder
KEARNS, Utah – The family of 25-year-old Conzuelo “Nicole” Solorio-Romero spoke out for the first time Wednesday since investigators called her kidnapping a murder case.
“I’ll love the time we had with her forever,” said Marilyn Keil, Romero’s adoptive mother.
They said they were at home when they learned two people were arrested and charged with her kidnapping and murder.
Romero’s body has not been found and her adoptive father Richard Keil said they were “wishing (police) would find her one way or another.”
“It’s hard to hear on the radio that she’s been murdered when we haven’t really heard that from anyone else and it is hard to kind of believe that when we don’t have a body. You know, how do you know?” asked Marilyn Keil.
On Tuesday, Salt Lake County Sheriff Rosie Rivera announced the arrest of 29-year-old Orlando Tobar and 21-year-old Jorge Medina-Reyes. They were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of aggravated kidnapping and aggravated murder.
“We do believe at this time that … they had taken her life,” said Rivera. However, even with Tobar and Reyes behind bars and police actively working the case, family members said they are stuck.
“They have good leads and they do believe that she’s been murdered, but still, as a family, it is hard to like wrap your mind around that when you don’t have physical evidence,” said Marilyn Keil.
With family in both Utah and Mexico, it has been hard to communicate details with Romero’s siblings.
The parents told KSL police have primarily been contacting Romero’s sister, Jessica. “It’s hard to say, ‘Oh my sister is dead’ when we don’t know — you know, we don’t know. We still have hope,” said Keil.
It is hope that has kept them going, but they also seek justice and they want to bring Romero home.
“They certainly know where she is and our hope is we can have her body so we can have a proper funeral and goodbye, closure,” said Keil.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)