One Snowmobiler Hospitalized, Two Others Rescued In Salt Lake County
WEST JORDAN, Utah – One person was hospitalized with hypothermia and two others were rescued after a trio of snowmobilers became stuck in the Oquirrh Mountains west of West Jordan.
The snowmobilers accessed the hills west of the city via a trail near 7800 South and Bacchus Highway (state Route 111) Thursday.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department said the men were working on a communication tower when they became stuck in the snow.
The three were located Thursday night; one was taken to an area hospital with symptoms of hypothermia. UPD officials said the other two rode their snowmobiles off the mountain with search and rescue crews and were in good condition.
Sgt. J.C. Holt with the West Jordan Police Department said UPD’s search and rescue team was called out to assist because WJPD does not have snowmobiles.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)