Capitol Riot: 6 Police Officers Suspended, 35 Under Investigation
Six Capitol Police officers have been suspended and 35 are under investigation for their alleged actions during the Jan. 6 riot.
A spokesperson with the Capitol Police Department made the announcement Thursday.
Previously, the department said only 10 officers were under investigation and two others had been suspended.
Authorities haven’t said why the officers were disciplined or what disciplinary actions they might face.
According to Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, one of the suspended officers took a selfie with someone who was part of the mob that overtook the Capitol.
Ryan also said another wore a “Make America Great Again” hat and started directing people around the building.
The Capitol Police acting chief said the January attack continues to be investigated, and any in appropriate behavior will be disciplined.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 12623)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 8243)
- Netflix’s ‘Falling for Christmas’ filmed at these charming Utah locations - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6214)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as ‘the life of the party’ - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5376)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 5319)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4730)