Chef Lesli’s Three Bean And Meat Chili Recipe
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – If you’re looking for a lunch or dinner idea for tonight, it’s definitely the perfect time to grab a bowl of homemade chili.
Chef Lesi at Harmons has a recipe that’ll be sure to help you stay warm during the wintry weather.
Three Bean and Meat Chili
From Chef Lesli Sommerdorf for Harmons
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded sharp cheddar, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Chopped green onions, for serving
In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, add onion and cook until translucent, about 6 minutes. Add beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook, breaking beef into small pieces, until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Drain off excess fat.
Add tomato sauce, water, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add beans, stir to combine, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, another 15 minutes.
Serve with cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)