Man Found Deceased In Zion National Park Identified
SPRINGDALE, Utah – Officials with the National Park Service said the body of a man was found below the Angels Landing trail in Zion National Park.
The body was found Friday as crews searched for an overdue male hiker who was reported missing on Thursday.
NPS officials later identified the man as Corbin McMillen, 42, of St. George.
They said he was reported missing by his mother, who said he’d left to hike Angels Landing.
McMillen’s car was found at the Grotto trailhead, and his body was found shortly afterward at the base of Moonlight Buttress.
Investigators believe he fell from the summit.
Park officials said they are “deeply saddened by this outcome.”
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)