Ogden Motel Suffers Thousands Of Dollars In Damage After Chimney Fire
Feb 20, 2021, 7:10 PM | Updated: Dec 23, 2022, 8:14 pm
OGDEN, Utah — Ogden Fire officials are investigating after a fire broke out in the chimney area of the Colonial Motel.
Bystanders reported the incident at 1269 Washington Boulevard around 5:45 p.m. Saturday.
A team of 17 firefighters from Ogden City Fire Department and Northview Fire Department responded to the scene. They brought with them two engines, two ladder trucks, one rescue truck, one ambulance and the Battalion Chief.
When crews arrived, they found fire coming out of the chimney area of the two-story building.
The motel was evacuated while firefighters got to work extinguishing the flames.
Officials said the fire was contained to the chimney and that no one was injured.
The cause was under investigation.
Damages were estimated at approximately $50,000.