Sunday Edition: Transgender Sports In Utah; Coverage For Uninsured Children
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A bill the governor called one of the most important bills facing the Utah legislature this session would ban transgender girls from playing sports on K-12 school teams with other girls. We talk with one transgender advocate about why this bill goes beyond sports.
Also, as Medicaid has expanded in Utah, around 87,000 children are still uninsured. Senator Luz Escamilla joins us to talk about her legislative push to get kids medical coverage.
Finally, Mormon Women for Ethical Government speak out to thank Sen. Mitt Romney for his vote and voice in the impeachment trial and former President Donald Trump.
- Utah teacher frustrated after hit-and-run driver not charged (pageviews: 10067)
- A total lunar eclipse will turn the moon red. Here's how to watch (pageviews: 8272)
- Imagine Dragons, Zions Bank surprise Velour owner with paid-off mortgage (pageviews: 7062)
- Body found in Millard County confirmed to be missing Texas man (pageviews: 5766)
- Utah woman sues school district for giving child to stranger, nanny for kidnapping (pageviews: 5102)
- Woman dies in rollover crash on I-215 (pageviews: 4738)
- Utah man stabs woman in Tinder meet up in 'an attempt to kill her' (pageviews: 4645)