Sunday Edition: Transgender Sports In Utah; Coverage For Uninsured Children
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A bill the governor called one of the most important bills facing the Utah legislature this session would ban transgender girls from playing sports on K-12 school teams with other girls. We talk with one transgender advocate about why this bill goes beyond sports.
Also, as Medicaid has expanded in Utah, around 87,000 children are still uninsured. Senator Luz Escamilla joins us to talk about her legislative push to get kids medical coverage.
Finally, Mormon Women for Ethical Government speak out to thank Sen. Mitt Romney for his vote and voice in the impeachment trial and former President Donald Trump.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)