New Poll Shows Only 12% Of Utahns Say They Won’t Get COVID Vaccine
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A new poll released Sunday shows how many Utahns are willing to roll up their sleeves for the COVID-19 vaccine.
A Deseret News/Hinckley Institute of Politics poll surveyed 1,000 registered voters in Utah to gauge how they feel about getting the vaccine. Most are in favor – but not all.
Last week was a busy one for health departments across the state, and as of Sunday, more than 600,000 doses of the vaccine had been administered. That’s an increase of about 100,000 from a week prior.
According to the Deseret News/Hinckley Institute of Politics survey, 25% of Utahns said they have already been vaccinated, and 35% said they wanted to be as soon as possible.
Twelve percent said they wanted to wait and see how it works first, 14% they were in no rush to get vaccinated, and another 12% said they would never get vaccinated.
When asked why they felt the way they did, a small percentage said they were worried about side effects, didn’t think the vaccine was necessary, or simply didn’t trust vaccines. However, most didn’t list a reason.
Finally, when asked if Utah’s vaccine distribution plan is fair, an overwhelming 80% of respondents answered “yes.” Nine percent said “no,” and 11% weren’t sure.
Promising data about the vaccine shows that one dose may be enough for people who have already had COVID-19.
“The data look really quite impressive that if you’ve been infected and then you get a single dose, the boost that you get with that single dose is really enormous,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, White House Chief Medical Adviser, on Meet the Press.
It’s a positive development as the U.S. hits another grim milestone.
NBC News reported 500,000 Americans have now lost their lives to COVID-10. That’s about the population of Atlanta or Sacramento.
It’s a grave reminder that the virus still poses a threat nationwide.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)