Group Hopes To Introduce Young Students To Engineering
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – This year marks the 70th to observe National Engineers Week in February.
It’s not just a nod to those who work in the fields of energy and aeronautics or computers – it’s also a time to present these career paths to students, too.
The National Society of Professional Engineers is sponsoring digital events this year to introduce engineering professions to young people – and to girls specifically, who traditionally are outnumbered in this field 5-to-1.
NSPE.org has multiple resources to share to get people excited to be engineers of all kinds.
Some of the top-earning jobs within engineering professions include:
- Nuclear engineers ($91,000 per year)
- Chemical engineers ($92,000)
- Petroleum engineers ($94,000)
- Aeronautical engineers ($100,000)
- Data engineers ($127,000)
In Utah, the University of Utah ranks highest out of all the state’s engineering programs by metric. Weber State University comes in second, followed by Brigham Young University, Utah State University, Southern Utah University and Utah Valley University.
Salt Lake Community College also offers 2-year engineering degrees.
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 15557)
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 12470)
- Medical examiner and cadaver dog called to park where investigators found Brian Laundrie's items (pageviews: 9862)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9294)
- Suspected human remains, items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (pageviews: 6279)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6040)
- FBI: Items linked to Laundrie, potential remains found (pageviews: 5879)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5783)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 5356)