Delta Flight Diverted To SLC Int’l Airport After Possible Engine Problem
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Delta flight from Atlanta to Seattle was diverted to Salt Lake City International Airport after some issues developed with one of its engines, according to airport spokesperson Nancy Volmer.
The flight landed without incident in Utah just after 4 p.m. Monday.
The Boeing 757-200 was en route to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport when the mechanic issues developed, and no cause for the issues has been released.
“DL2123 en route to Seattle from Atlanta diverted to Salt Lake City out of an abundance of caution following an indicator warning of a possible problem with one of its engines. The flight landed safely without incident and taxied to the gate without assistance. We are working to reaccomodate customers on a later flight. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience,” read a statement from Delta.
The flight, left Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport at 1:39 p.m. EST.
The divertion came after a Boeing 777 dropped debris over a Colorado suburb shortly after taking off from Denver International Airport over the weekend.
The FAA ordered United Airlines to step up inspections of all Boeing 777s equipped with the type of engine that suffered a catastrophic failure over Denver Saturday. United said it is temporarily removing those aircraft from service.
Other airlines in the United States, South Korea and Japan have grounded dozens of Boeing 777 aircraft due to Saturday’s incident.
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon (pageviews: 23901)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 18455)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6648)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 6429)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 5898)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4246)
- Woman Billed $2500 Repair Bill For Cracked Utility Box (pageviews: 3978)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 3845)
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3548)