Delta Flight Diverted To SLC Int’l Airport After Possible Engine Problem
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Delta flight from Atlanta to Seattle was diverted to Salt Lake City International Airport after some issues developed with one of its engines, according to airport spokesperson Nancy Volmer.
The flight landed without incident in Utah just after 4 p.m. Monday.
The Boeing 757-200 was en route to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport when the mechanic issues developed, and no cause for the issues has been released.
“DL2123 en route to Seattle from Atlanta diverted to Salt Lake City out of an abundance of caution following an indicator warning of a possible problem with one of its engines. The flight landed safely without incident and taxied to the gate without assistance. We are working to reaccomodate customers on a later flight. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience,” read a statement from Delta.
The flight, left Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport at 1:39 p.m. EST.
The divertion came after a Boeing 777 dropped debris over a Colorado suburb shortly after taking off from Denver International Airport over the weekend.
The FAA ordered United Airlines to step up inspections of all Boeing 777s equipped with the type of engine that suffered a catastrophic failure over Denver Saturday. United said it is temporarily removing those aircraft from service.
Other airlines in the United States, South Korea and Japan have grounded dozens of Boeing 777 aircraft due to Saturday’s incident.
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 19691)
- Wyoming Coroner in Gabby Petito case determining cause of death (pageviews: 5440)
- Body camera footage not available in Farmington hostage incident (pageviews: 4734)
- Jailed for Love: Why a Utah woman who says romance scammer turned her into an unwitting money mule faces prison time. (pageviews: 4180)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University (pageviews: 3776)
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities (pageviews: 3534)
- Autopsy: Actor Michael K. Williams died of drug intoxication (pageviews: 3514)
- Frustrated by city inaction, residents contact KSL Investigators over Salt Lake’s RV Row (pageviews: 2894)
- Gabby Petito’s case highlights racial disparities in response to missing persons cases (pageviews: 1915)