Plan To Make Dads Pay Half Of Pregnancy Costs Passes
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah lawmakers have passed a plan to make biological fathers responsible for half the medical costs of pregnancy.
The bill that would have men share the monetary costs not covered by insurance must be signed by Republican Utah Gov. Spencer Cox, the Deseret News reported.
Its sponsor, Republican Rep. Brady Brammer, has said the idea could mean fewer women seek abortions.
It would only apply to men whose paternity could be verified.
Democratic House Minority Leader Brian King has expressed concern that it could cause biological fathers to pressure mothers into riskier, less expensive medical care.
- Utah Renews Public Health Order, Sets Goal For Removing Mask Mandate – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11682)
- Salt Lake Co. Health Department Investigating High School Party (pageviews: 7640)
- Police: Kearns Woman Murdered Because 'She Knew Too Much' (pageviews: 7315)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 5601)
- Utah Renews Public Health Order, Sets Goal For Removing Mask Mandate (pageviews: 5443)
- Parents Call For Action After Librarian Seen Reading Racial Slur To Students (pageviews: 5003)
- State Prepares To Offer Vaccine To Utahns 18+ With Medical Conditions (pageviews: 3168)
- Some Residents Object To Sign At Millcreek Business That Uses Flag To Cover Explicit Word (pageviews: 2284)
- Ogden Partners With Company That Helps Essential Workers Purchase Homes (pageviews: 2224)