BYU To Hold Virtual April 2021 Commencement Due To COVID-19 Concerns
PROVO, Utah – Brigham Young University will send off its April 2021 graduates with a virtual commencement ceremony due to the ongoing pandemic.
A news release said BYU officials made the decision in order to comply with federal, state and Church guidelines. The university is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
After careful consideration of the present circumstances and in an effort to comply with federal, state and Church guidelines, BYU’s commencement ceremonies will be held virtually on April 22. https://t.co/R84AcqCsra
— BYU (@BYU) February 24, 2021
“This decision was not made lightly, and we know how disappointing this news may be for you and your loved ones,” said BYU academic vice president Shane Reese. “We look forward, however, to the opportunity to recognize our outstanding students as graduates with perhaps ‘less pomp, but more circumstance.’ Our COVID circumstances have provided opportunities for unique recognitions that are commensurate with our truly remarkable graduates.”
The virtual ceremonies will take place on April 22 and will be broadcast live from the Marriott Center on BYUtv.
Additional information on the commencement program can be found here.
The news release said more details will be released at a later date.
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator (pageviews: 23261)
- Homebuyers Warned To Watch For Details In Building Contracts (pageviews: 7053)
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4824)
- Utah Man Fights For His Life In Nepal While Family Tries To Get Help (pageviews: 3437)
- At Least One Person In Critical Condition After Wrong-Way Freeway Crash (pageviews: 2490)
- Clearfield Repair Shop Owner Hopes Someone Can Identify Burglar (pageviews: 2444)
- Jury Reaches Verdict At Trial Over George Floyd's Death (pageviews: 2152)
- Utah Teen Paralyzed From Waist Down After Dirt Bike Incident (pageviews: 1991)
- Utah Man Believes He May Have Found Tomb Commissioned For Joseph Smith (pageviews: 1944)