BYU To Hold Virtual April 2021 Commencement Due To COVID-19 Concerns
PROVO, Utah – Brigham Young University will send off its April 2021 graduates with a virtual commencement ceremony due to the ongoing pandemic.
A news release said BYU officials made the decision in order to comply with federal, state and Church guidelines. The university is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
After careful consideration of the present circumstances and in an effort to comply with federal, state and Church guidelines, BYU’s commencement ceremonies will be held virtually on April 22. https://t.co/R84AcqCsra
— BYU (@BYU) February 24, 2021
“This decision was not made lightly, and we know how disappointing this news may be for you and your loved ones,” said BYU academic vice president Shane Reese. “We look forward, however, to the opportunity to recognize our outstanding students as graduates with perhaps ‘less pomp, but more circumstance.’ Our COVID circumstances have provided opportunities for unique recognitions that are commensurate with our truly remarkable graduates.”
The virtual ceremonies will take place on April 22 and will be broadcast live from the Marriott Center on BYUtv.
Additional information on the commencement program can be found here.
The news release said more details will be released at a later date.
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)