Human-Caused Fire At Zion National Park Contained
SPRINGDALE, Utah – A human-caused fire that was burning near the entrance to Zion National Park has been contained, according to officials with the National Park Service.
The 4.5-acre fire was reported around 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials said the fire is under investigation and no injuries were reported.
“Please note that smoke may be visible from the burn area for the next couple of days,” park officials said. “Visitors are reminded that conditions are dry in the low elevations.”
Officials also said this was the third human-caused fire reported Wednesday in Color Country, which covers southwestern Utah and parts of northern Arizona.
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 8369)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4524)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4477)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 4471)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 4073)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3888)
- Jurassic Quest Brings Life-Size Dino Exhibit To Utah (pageviews: 2812)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2468)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 2233)