Utah Friends Create Outdoorpals App To Coordinate Outdoor Activities With New People
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – If you’ve ever moved to a new city or if you’ve ever just moved away from an activity you used to love to do when you were younger, then you know it can be tough to find people who have similar passions.
The outdoorpals app was created in Utah by a group of friends who want everyone to stick with the outdoor activities that make them happy.
The app helps people find, plan and coordinate outdoor activities as well as find new things to try while meeting new people, according to outdoorpals.com.
“We wanted to stay focused on the events and the doing,” said outdoorpals co-founder Kevin Wallace. “We didn’t want to create another social media platform where it’s a bunch of talk and chatting online and connections online. We wanted this to translate into in-person interactions.”
He and his app co-founders said they’ve gotten calls from people all over the world wanting to know how they can expand to identify activities with like-minded people.
“We’re big into skiing, backountry skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing,” said co-founder Bobby Meinhold. “But then looking even south we have kite surfing, surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling. For an older demographic, walking, yoga.”
Outdoorpals will be available on the App Store and on Google Play soon, and the beta version launches Monday.
They’ve had hundreds pre-register to check out the app.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)