Rescuers Respond To Partial Trench Collapse In Riverton
RIVERTON, Utah — A construction worker was buried up to his elbows after a trench collapsed in Riverton, according to officials with the Unified Fire Authority.
The incident happened Saturday afternoon in the area of 13700 South Lovers Lane.
UFA spokesperson Ryan Love said the man was talking to rescuers, but they didn’t know the extent of his injuries.
“Once we get him out, we’ll be able to get a better assessment on him and see if there’s any further damage,” he said.
A medical helicopter was called in to transport the worker.
He was finally rescued and taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Additional details about how the trench collapsed or the victim’s identity were not immediately available.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)