Deadly Crash In Tooele County Closes SR36 Saturday Night
ERDA, Utah – One person died and two others were transported to the hospital after a crash in Tooele County that shut down the highway for hours, authorities said.
The crash happened on state Route 36 at mile post 60 shortly after 9 p.m Saturday.
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Colton Freckleton said a Dodge Ram was traveling too fast for the conditions when it lost control, drove over the concrete divider and into oncoming traffic.
A Ford F150 traveling northbound T-boned the Dodge, causing both vehicles to go off the road.
The driver of the Dodge, an 18-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was the only occupant of the vehicle.
The driver of the Ford, an “older” man, was extricated in critical condition and transported to the hospital, Freckleton said. A female passenger was also injured and was in critical condition.
Three children were also in the Ford, but none of them sustained injures, according to UHP.
Northbound lanes were closed for more than 2 hours during the investigation.
It’s unclear at this time if any of the victims were wearing seatbelts. No identities have been released.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)