Rollover Crash In Carbon County Kills 1, Injures Multiple Others
WELLINGTON, Utah – A rollover crash in Carbon County killed one person and critically injured others, authorities said.
The crash happened at approximately 6 a.m. Sunday in the area of 2200 East and Highway 6.
Utah Highway Patrol Corp. Colton Freckleton said a Toyota Sienna was traveling eastbound at a high rate of speed when it left the roadway to the right. The vehicle went airborne twice and collided with a vertical embankment.
Multiple people were ejected as the vehicle flipped.
According to the Wellington Fire Department, seven people were in the minivan. Freckleton confirmed the men were from Texas and New Jersey.
A 20-year-old male was pronounced dead at the scene, while multiple others sustained critical injuries.
All of the passengers were transported to the hospital.
Highway 6 was temporarily closed while UHP conducted an investigation.
Officials don’t suspect the driver was impaired, but they were unsure why the car was speeding.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)