West Valley Man Accused Of Setting Ex-Girlfriend’s Dog On Fire
MAGNA, Utah – Unified Police Department on Tuesday arrested a man in connection to an animal cruelty case where a dog in Magna had been set on fire.
Michael Paul Busico, 40, was booked into Tooele County Jail on multiple charges.
According to arresting documents, Busico had allegedly stolen the victim’s dog from a home Monday.
Busico knows the owner of the dog and reportedly stole the animal in retaliation to a failing relationship, according to the probable cause statement.
“Mr. Busico specifically targeted his ex-girlfriend’s daughter’s dog,” the arresting officer reported. “From my training and experience, I believe that Mr. Busico was targeting the victim’s animal to directly intimidate and threaten her and his ex-girlfriend.”
The suspect was arrested on suspicion of torture of a companion animal and arson, both third-degree felonies, as well as theft and criminal trespass, both misdemeanors.
The dog, a female red tick heeler, was found near 9400 West and North Frontage road by I-80. She survived, but she has second-degree burns to her face as well as burns on her fur, officials said.
The dog was taken to a local emergency veterinary hospital.
The arresting officer wrote that the animal’s owners saw their dog on the news and were able to identify Busico as the suspect.
SLCAS has a website for general donations with an option to donate to the Injured Animal Fund.*
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3947)
- Former Minnesota Cop Charged In Shooting Of Black Motorist (pageviews: 3048)
- 8 People Killed In Shooting At A FedEx Facility In Indianapolis, Police Say (pageviews: 2770)
- Princes William, Harry Won't Walk Side-By-Side At Funeral (pageviews: 1316)
- Raising Cane’s To Open South Jordan Restaurant June 8, Provo Location Later This Summer (pageviews: 1224)
- New Video Shows Suspect Pepper-Spray Utah Highway Patrol Trooper (pageviews: 1171)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 951)
- Judge Refuses Request To Acquit Chauvin In Floyd's Death (pageviews: 898)
- How Does An Officer Grab A Taser Over A Gun? (pageviews: 817)