Utahns Have Donated 142K Pounds Of Food For This Year’s Scouting For Food Drive
OGDEN, Utah – Utahns stepped up during a trying time to donate thousands of pounds of food to the Scouting for Food Drive.
A total of 142,000 pounds of food, to be exact.
According to a statement from the Boy Scouts of America, 400 Cub Scout packs, BSA troops and Venturing Crews across the state distributed 59,000 Scouting for Food bags.
Food was donated at community food pantries and food banks, 35 Arctic Circle restaurants, 18 Bank of Utah locations, and 11 Red Hanger locations.
“We tried a new approach for collecting donations for our annual food drive this year, and we’re very grateful to our neighbors and friends who made the extra effort to support the Boy Scouts by bringing their donations to our drop off sites,” said Scout Executive Allen Endicott of the BSA Crossroads of The West Council. “People opened up their hearts and their pocketbooks and dropped off not only filled bags, but cases and pallets full of nutritious, non-perishable food to help feed hungry families across Utah.”
“Because of our partner’s support and the wonderful support of thousands of Utahns, our local food pantries will be better prepared to help provide food for families and kids who turn to them in time of need,” he added.
For more information about, visit www.utahscouts.org/scoutingforfood.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)