Clark Planetarium Reopens After Pandemic Closure
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake City reopened Tuesday with safety measures in place following a four-month shut down due to the pandemic.
“It’s so exciting to see people in the building, to see kids running around and to even just hear the exhibits that are on. It’s sort of a quiet place for the last few months,” said Tim Glenn, assistant director at the planetarium.
We are now open! Come see us! We have updated exhibits, great films, and of course … SPACE STUFF!
— clarkplanet (@ClarkPlanet) March 2, 2021
Visitors must follow COVID-19 safety measures which include mask requirements and social distancing. The planetarium is also enforcing building capacity guidelines, so visitors should make reservations early.
Walk-in visitors are not be permitted at this time.
The restrictions did not stop visitor Traci Black Tuesday. “We’re so glad that the main things are here and you can see and you can learn and we can go to the shows and we can just absorb it all,” she said.
“We’re proud of the work we’ve done during the last year – especially in regard to our online educational programming and community outreach efforts,” said Lindsie Smith, Clark Planetarium director. “But we also know the in-person experience — feeling the awe and wonder of space, science and discovery at the Planetarium — is irreplaceable.”
Officials said if you have questions about reservations or Clark Planetarium’s COVID-19 safety protocols, visit their website, check their social media accounts or email email@example.com.
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3947)
- Former Minnesota Cop Charged In Shooting Of Black Motorist (pageviews: 3048)
- 8 People Killed In Shooting At A FedEx Facility In Indianapolis, Police Say (pageviews: 2770)
- Princes William, Harry Won't Walk Side-By-Side At Funeral (pageviews: 1316)
- Raising Cane’s To Open South Jordan Restaurant June 8, Provo Location Later This Summer (pageviews: 1224)
- New Video Shows Suspect Pepper-Spray Utah Highway Patrol Trooper (pageviews: 1171)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 951)
- Judge Refuses Request To Acquit Chauvin In Floyd's Death (pageviews: 898)
- How Does An Officer Grab A Taser Over A Gun? (pageviews: 817)