Utah Unemployment Rate Improves, More Jobs Available
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah’s unemployment rate continued to improve in January indicating the state is pushing the economy to a recovery from the pandemic.
Figures released by the state Wednesday showed the January unemployment rate was 3.1%, which is an improvement from December’s figure of 3.3%.
The nationwide unemployment rate is 6.3%.
— Workforce Services (@JobsUT) March 3, 2021
On Wednesday the Utah Department of Workforce Services announced the creation of 30 new permanent jobs for rural communities. Since January, the department added 60 new jobs outside of the Wasatch front.
“These state jobs will provide new opportunities for Utahns in rural communities to thrive and prosper,” said Gov. Spencer Cox. “I have lived in a small community my whole life and know the importance of access to good, stable jobs.”
A news release said the new positions are for eligibility specialists which are workers who help customers apply for state and federal assistance programs.
The Department of Workforce Services is also hosting a virtual job fair on Thursday. More than 100 employers are will take part as they try to fill a combined 3,000 open positions.
The job fair runs from 10 a.m. Thursday until 1 p.m. Applicants must pre-register at jobs.utah.gov.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)