12-Year-Old Boy Dies After Falling Off His Bike, Being Struck By Equipment
PALMYRA, Utah — A 12-year-old boy died after he fell off his bike and was run over by a side-by-side vehicle towing a trailer in Palmyra, according to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
The incident happened in a field near 4600 South 1450 West, west of Springville and Spanish Fork, shortly after 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
UCSO Sgt. Spencer Cannon said the boy’s father was driving a side-by-side vehicle and towing a trailer while his two sons were next to him, riding bicycles.
The 12-year-old, later identified as George Dunbar Oldham, somehow fell or stumbled and was run over by the equipment. Cannon said they were not sure if the boy was struck by the side-by-side or the trailer, but he suffered serious head injuries.
“They did make some efforts to revive him there at the scene, but he was pronounced deceased,” said Cannon.
Shortly after 3:30 PM today @UCSO Deputies and Spanish Fork Ambulance responded to an accident in a field near 4600 S 1450 W, west of Springville and Spanish Fork. A 12 year old boy died after he fell and was hit by equipment driven by his father. https://t.co/KGcsEIGCQE pic.twitter.com/qqr8IO31I4
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) March 7, 2021
A medical helicopter was called in but later cancelled.
Officials from Utah County and Spanish Fork responded to the scene.
The incident was under investigation.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)