Now’s The Time To Start Prepping Your Yard For A Green Lawn
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Spring officially rolls in during March, so it’s time to start thinking about a little TLC for that lawn that’s been lying dormant all fall and winter.
Getting your grass to look lush and green takes a lot of work – starting with raking or dethatching, aerating, fertilizing and then overseeding thin or bare spots.
It’s possible to get it done yourself, but you’re going to have to start now.
To aerate, you might try using a pair of special sandals that strap on to your shoes. Amazon has a variety of choices starting at about $11.
If you have a large yard, though, you might want to pay someone to take care of it using a machine. That will cost between $50 – $100.
If you want to use a power rake tool to dethatch your lawn, you can rent one from Home Depot for $72 a day. A 3-hour window will run you just over $50.
IFA offers a four-step fertilizer program for $160, and step No. 1 can be started right now for those living in northern Utah.
You can also apply humate soil conditioner with iron to help get a deep, green color.
It’s also time to plant things broccoli, cauliflower and spinach inside so you can replant them in the garden toward the end of April.
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 78969)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 55145)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 49247)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 26801)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18842)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 15763)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 13889)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 11211)
- Boyfriend of missing woman breaks silence, releases statement through attorney (pageviews: 7605)