Washington County Man Dead After Incident At Quail Creek State Park
HURRICANE, Utah – A 77-year-old Washington County man died following an incident at Quail Creek State Park on Monday, according to park officials.
Authorities said Donald L. Denoon had gone fishing at the park by himself, and family members called police after Denoon did not return home Monday night.
First responders from the Utah Division of Parks and Recreation, Washington County Search and Rescue and Hurricane Police Department were dispatched to the park to search for Denoon.
A Washington County man is dead following an incident at Quail Creek State Park on Monday. The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation extends our condolences to the man's friends and family. The incident remains under investigation at this time. Learn more: https://t.co/XTNEZYhjTI
— Utah State Parks (@UtahStateParks) March 9, 2021
Crews recovered his body from the water on the northeast side of the reservoir around 10:30 p.m. Authorities said Denoon was not wearing a life jacket but one was found inside his boat.
“The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation extends our condolences to Denoon’s friends and family,” officials said. “The incident remains under investigation at this time.”
Conditions Monday were windy with occasional strong gusts and cold water temperatures, park officials said.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)