UDOT To Close NB I-15 In Davis County Monday Night
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Transportation issued a heads-up for drivers on Interstate 15 in Davis County Monday night.
The northbound lanes of the interstate will overnight Monday between 650 North Clearfield and 5600 South in Roy.
The closure begins at 10 p.m. and is scheduled to end at 5 a.m. Tuesday
A news release said northbound drivers will be detoured off the interstate at the 6750 North exit and take Main Street (state Route 126) to get back onto the interstate at the 5600 South onramp.
🚧 OVERNIGHT FREEWAY CLOSURE: NB I-15 will close overnight from 650 N in @ClearfieldCity to 5600 S in Roy on Mon, Mar 15, from 10 pm to 5 am. Crews will install new overhead signs on I-15. Detour to Main St and then 5600 S to re-enter NB I-15. INFO: https://t.co/H2j2aiahHy pic.twitter.com/SOUI2HiwXp
— UDOT Region One (@UDOTRegionOne) March 12, 2021
The detour will add about an extra 10 minutes. UDOT asked drivers to avoid the area if possible.
Crews will put in new overhead traffic signs and remove an old sign during the closure. The work is part of a project to add Express Lanes and repair parts of I-15 from Layton Parkway to Riverdale Road.
The entire project is expected to finish by fall 2021.
You can sign up for updates by visiting the I-15 Express Lanes project website.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)