Crews Searching For Missing Hiker In American Fork Canyon
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Officials with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said crews are searching for an overdue hiker who was last seen in the American Fork Canyon area around noon on Sunday.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon said the man, 28-year-old Robert “Bobby” Healey from Saratoga Springs, is an avid hiker, but friends and family said he was not prepared for an extended outing.
Healey’s vehicle was found in a parking lot near American Fork Canyon.
Crews from the sheriff’s office, along with the Utah Department of Public Safety’s helicopter and an Intermountain LifeFlight helicopter were assisting in the search.
Cannon said the search was called off for the night just after 11:45 p.m. Monday. It will resume Tuesday morning near the mouth of the canyon.
The search for Robert “Bobby” Healey, 28, Saratoga Springs, ha been called off for the night. We will resume the search early Tuesday morning near the mouth of American Fork canyon. He was last seen Sunday about noon. pic.twitter.com/dcSxJe14l1
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) March 16, 2021
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7131)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 6690)
- KSL TV’s Mike Headrick explains why he’s been off air – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5439)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5264)
- Church announces sites for two US temples – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4969)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4496)