SLC International Airport Seeing Surge In Visitors
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah might not have sandy beaches, but the Beehive State has ski resorts and national parks that are drawing in spring break travelers from across the U.S.
The fear of flying during the pandemic is diminishing, and more and more people across the county are booking trips this spring.
“I love to fly so it didn’t bother me too much,” said Diane Gregory, who has received a COVID-19 vaccine. “I think it is going to get very busy.”
As Columbus Travel CEO Larry Gelwix pointed out — the reason is obvious why more people are flying.
“It is a great time to be planning when the prices are low and the promos are promotions and giveaways are at record highs,” Gelwix said.
Currently, the Salt Lake City International Airport is averaging 15,000 travelers a day — 20,000 on peak travel days, like Sundays.
“But it’s really spiking with reservations this fall/winter and especially 2022,” Gelwix said, adding it’s only going to go up.
He’s booking out trips into 2022, and the most popular option? Cruises.
“You’ll probably get some combination of not only a low low price, but they are giving away free airfare, free drinks, free Wi-Fi,” he said.
As we leap closer to more vaccinations, people are already leaping toward vacations.
“I would say go get vaccinated immediately,” Gregory said. “I think traveling is one of the best things in life.”
If you aren’t fully vaccinated, the CDC still doesn’t recommend traveling. If you do, they encourage people to get a test before and after you travel.
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36358)
- South Jordan family describes 'miracle' following Thanksgiving Day crash (pageviews: 9986)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria (pageviews: 9054)
- Police: Two dead after wrong-way crash in Sunset (pageviews: 5631)
- Police: Man shot by police after attacking father, charging officers with weapons (pageviews: 5413)
- Woman arrested in Utah County after assaulting multiple people (pageviews: 2674)
- Large police presence reported in Orem (pageviews: 2268)
- Multiple cars shot at, two injured on I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 2239)
- Pregnant woman saves man from burning home in West Jordan (pageviews: 2200)