Police Make 4th Arrest In Deadly Kearns Shooting
KEARNS, Utah – Police on Wednesday reported they had arrested a fourth suspect in connection to a shooting that left one man dead and two others injured.
The Unified Police Department booked Shihab Wesaga, 18, into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated murder, aggravated robbery and felony discharge of a firearm.
Police arrested Jonathan Montrail Johnson, 20, on Friday for investigation of aggravated murder and aggravated robbery as well as 12 counts of shooting a firearm at another person.
A 17-year-old and a 15-year-old were also taken into custody.
None of the suspects have been charged.
The incident happened March 9 when three victims inside a vehicle were approached in the parking lot of a church by the four alleged suspects, according to a police probable cause statement. Two of the suspects were reportedly armed and opened fire.
The driver of the vehicle attempted to flee by driving away but crashed into a nearby fence, police said.
The driver, Alonso Garcia Mendoza, 32, was shot and killed. Two passengers in the vehicle were injured.
Police said the four suspects had planned to rob the three victims.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)