Police: South Salt Lake Woman Arrested After Allegedly Shooting, Killing Husband
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – Officials with the South Salt Lake Police Department said a 46-year-old woman has been arrested after she called police and said she had shot her husband.
Public information officer Danielle Croyle said they received the call from the suspect, Emily Fisher, late Friday night, saying “she had shot her husband and she thinks she may have killed him.”
Officers responded to the scene near 580 West Billinis Road and found a 66-year-old male victim who had been shot multiple times.
He was pronounced dead and police said a handgun was located at the scene.
Fisher was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of murder and five felony counts of discharge of a firearm by a restricted person.
Police said Fisher has previous felony convictions and cannot legally possess a firearm at this time.
Emily FISHER (46) has been arrested in conjunction with her involvement in a shots fired criminal investigation on…
Resources For Domestic Violence Victims
If you are a victim of abuse, there are resources out there to help. It is a difficult first step, but help is available 24 hours a day and doesn’t cost anything.
- Utah Domestic Violence Link Line 1-800-897-LINK (5465)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Utah YWCA shelter for women- 24-Hour Crisis Line- 801-537-8600
- 911 — don’t hesitate to call if you need immediate help
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)