Cache Co. Jail Inmate Makes Brief Escape Before Returning To Custody
LOGAN, Utah — An inmate from the Cache County Jail escaped for just over an hour during recreation time before he was taken back into custody.
The incident began around 11:15 a.m. Sunday when 37-year-old Cecil Vijil scaled the recreation yard fence and outer perimeter fence, then took off running.
Corrections deputies tried to catch him, but officials said he ran and was able to get as far as the fields next to the jail.
That’s when law enforcement officers from both Cache County Sheriff’s Office and Logan City Police Department were called in to assist.
A large perimeter was then set up.
After about an hour, law enforcement officers were able to convince Vijil to return to custody.
He was examined by medical staff before returning to the jail.
The incident was being investigated and additional charges were being reviewed by the Cache County Attorney’s Office.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)