Utah Food Drive Collects Over 1 Million Pounds Of Food
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Food Bank estimated Utahns donated more than 1 million pounds of food over the weekend.
Thousands of volunteers all across Utah gathered food from the doorstops of residents on Saturday.
In all, the Feed Utah campaign set up 160 collection sites scattered throughout the state.
The Utah Food Bank said the need for food help in the past year has increased by about 165,000 people due to the pandemic.
A news release said the Feed Utah food drive was a powerful collective of religions, communities and other organizations that were delivered to Utah Food Bank and another 203 partners statewide.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19689)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7534)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 4062)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3960)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3749)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3586)