Utah Food Drive Collects Over 1 Million Pounds Of Food
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Food Bank estimated Utahns donated more than 1 million pounds of food over the weekend.
Thousands of volunteers all across Utah gathered food from the doorstops of residents on Saturday.
In all, the Feed Utah campaign set up 160 collection sites scattered throughout the state.
The Utah Food Bank said the need for food help in the past year has increased by about 165,000 people due to the pandemic.
A news release said the Feed Utah food drive was a powerful collective of religions, communities and other organizations that were delivered to Utah Food Bank and another 203 partners statewide.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)