Utah Food Drive Collects Over 1 Million Pounds Of Food
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Food Bank estimated Utahns donated more than 1 million pounds of food over the weekend.
Thousands of volunteers all across Utah gathered food from the doorstops of residents on Saturday.
In all, the Feed Utah campaign set up 160 collection sites scattered throughout the state.
The Utah Food Bank said the need for food help in the past year has increased by about 165,000 people due to the pandemic.
A news release said the Feed Utah food drive was a powerful collective of religions, communities and other organizations that were delivered to Utah Food Bank and another 203 partners statewide.
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)