7-Year-Old Girl Endangered Missing Out Of Orem, Police Say
OREM, Utah – Orem police are asking for the public’s help locating a 7-year-old girl who may have been abducted.
According to the alert, Jocelyn Cortes is described as 3 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs about 40 pounds. She has brown hair and eyes. She was last seen wearing pink and black leggings, glitter shoes, and a pink jacket with a leopard-print hood.
Police said an AMBER Alert was not issued because Cortes is not believed to be in any danger. The girl is believed to have been taken by her aunt and grandmother. The three of them and Cortes’ mother all live together.
“She’s already missing as a missing person in (the National Crime Information Center),” said Orem Police Lt. Nick Thomas. “So if anyone comes in contact with any of these three people, it will come up they are a missing person from this state.”
The girl was last seen at Classic Skating, located at 250 South State Street in Orem, on Monday around 5 p.m.
Authorities said Cortes’ mother contacted police at approximately 11 p.m. Monday to report her daughter was missing and that she suspected her mother and sister had her.
Cortes’ grandmother, Ivonne Cerda San Martin, 63, is described as 5 feet, 3 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes.
The girl’s aunt, Paola Bayon, 24, is described as 5 feet, 4 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. She has brown hair and eyes.
Police said Cortes was last seen leaving with the two women in Bayon’s vehicle, a silver 2000 Ford Mustang, license plate F26 0BY.
Police have been working on pinging cell phones, and they are also looking into out-of-state leads where other members of the family are located.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Orem Police Department dispatch at 801-229-7070.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)