Gov. Cox Lowers Flags To Honor Colorado Shooting Victims
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Governor Spencer Cox has authorized the lowering of the U.S. flag and the Utah state flag to honor the 10 people who were killed at a Colorado supermarket on Monday.
Flags at all state facilities will fly at half-staff through sunset on Sunday. Private citizens and businesses are encouraged to participate as well.
We've authorized the lowering of the U.S. flag and the flag of Utah in accordance with President Joe Biden’s proclamation honoring the victims of the shooting in Boulder, Colorado.
The directive is effective from sunset on March 23 to sunset on March 27.https://t.co/7eOfiHfpCq
— Utah Gov. Spencer J. Cox (@GovCox) March 23, 2021
Earlier Tuesday, President Joe Biden issued a proclamation lowering the U.S. flag “at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, March 27.”
Flags were previously flown at half-staff from last Thursday through sunset on Tuesday to honor the victims killed in Atlanta-area shootings.
Ten people were killed at Monday’s shooting at a Boulder, Colorado, supermarket.
Police on Tuesday identified a 21-year-old man as the suspect who opened fire inside the crowded store.
The suspect in the killings remained hospitalized Tuesday but was expected to be booked into jail on murder charges as a picture of the victims of Monday’s shooting began to emerge.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)