North Salt Lake Postal Worker Knocked Unconscious, Doesn’t Remember Attack
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah – Police are still looking for the man who attacked a mail carrier during his route along Durham Drive in North Salt Lake and fled the scene.
Kyle Arkoudas’ injuries were so severe he does not remember what happened and has lost a lot of his recent memory.
“I don’t remember being in the ER. I don’t remember any of my delivery, really — it’s all blank,” Arkoudas said.
The army veteran has only been with the U.S. Postal Service for six months. He said he never thought his civilian job would land him in the hospital.
“I could see somebody try to steal the mail or something but attacking the mailman — I never thought that would be something that would happen,” he said.
He is relying on what witnesses told police: The attacker jumped out of his car and yelled, “If you ever drive like that again I will kill you.”
“I got hit in the jaw, so I was asleep before I hit the ground,” he said. “It was all pretty quick and then he just took off.”
Arkoudas’ mother said he was rushed to the ER and is now being treated for a severe concussion. He has a hard time even remembering major events in the recent past.
“He forgot nine months of his life and it’s just kind of slowly pieced its way back in,” she said.
They hope surveillance video of the suspected attacker’s Honda CRV with partial Utah plate No. W15 will help the public identify the attacker.
“If he is willing to hit a mail carrier, he’s probably willing to hit anyone — and that’s a scary thought,” Cherish said.
Arkoudas’ friends have set up a GoFundMe page* to help with expenses as he continues to recover.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Utah Man Fights For His Life In Nepal While Family Tries To Get Help – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32376)
- Utah Man Fights For His Life In Nepal While Family Tries To Get Help (pageviews: 25908)
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator (pageviews: 11993)
- Utah Teen Paralyzed From Waist Down After Dirt Bike Incident (pageviews: 6602)
- Homebuyers Warned To Watch For Details In Building Contracts (pageviews: 3872)
- Utah Man Believes He May Have Found Tomb Commissioned For Joseph Smith (pageviews: 3828)
- One Killed In Crash Involving Street Racing (pageviews: 3766)
- Man Found Dead After 4-Wheeler Went Off Steep Embankment (pageviews: 3228)
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3048)