Steward Health Care To Build Hospital In Southern Utah
WASHINGTON CITY, Utah – Steward Health Care announced on Wednesday that it will build a new hospital in Washington City to serve the southern Utah area.
“Steward Health Care believes St. George is one of the most exciting communities in the country – poised for exponential growth – and we are more than ready to grow with it,” said Dr. Ralph de la Torre, chairman and CEO of Steward Health Care Systems.
A news release said the area is already underserved and the region’s population is expected to double by 2060.
“St. George is set to see a roaring demand for new health care services in the years ahead,” said Brian Dunn, Steward’s west region president. “Steward will work closely with our community partners in southern Utah to meet this need and unlock access to affordable, economically sustainable care and wellness.”
The hospital will be part of a planned health care park in Washington City called the Zion Medical Village and it will offer a wide range of care that includes orthopedics, cardiovascular care and neurosurgery.
A news release said a groundbreaking ceremony is planned for this July and the hospital is scheduled to open in October 2023.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)