Farmers Feeding Utah Donates Food To Kane County Residents
KANAB, Utah – Some families in Kane County didn’t have to worry about where their next meals were coming from Friday night.
The Farmers Feeding Utah program was in Kanab to give out food like potatoes, cheese and beef to families facing food insecurity.
Dusty Reese, who is a rancher and the President of the Kane County Farm Bureau, says people in Kane County often feel forgotten because they're so far away from urban parts of the state. However, tonight, they feel loved. We'll have a story on this @KSL5TV at 10. pic.twitter.com/ifsbGvzAun
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) March 27, 2021
All that food is from Utah farmers to make sure their products are used — instead of being thrown out because of the lack of demand from the pandemic.
Organizers said it makes a big difference.
“We were really excited to be able to bring this program down to Kane County,” said Dusty Reese, a rancher and president of the Kane County Farm Bureau. “We have a lot of people who often feel forgotten down on this end of the state. And it is really exciting to bring people together and provide high-quality food from local producers.”
Last year, Farmers Feeding Utah provided about 1 million pounds of food to people and communities throughout the state.
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)