11-Year-Old Girl Dies In Carbon County House Fire
EAST CARBON, Utah – A child died after sustaining injuries during a house fire in Carbon County, authorities said.
According to the Wellington Fire Department, crews responded to the incident shortly after 1:45 a.m., where a house was “fully involved with heavy flame and smoke showing.”
As firefighters were battling the blaze, they received word that a child might be inside the structure.
“A rescue operation was immediately enacted, but due to the extreme heat and smoke inside the home, command relayed to the rescue team this was likely a recovery operation,” according to a Facebook post from the Wellington Fire Department.
Crews entered the home through a bedroom window and were able to find the 11-year-old. They were able to rescue the victim, who was then transported to the hospital.
The child later died as a result of her injuries.
“Unfortunately, everyone’s worst fears were confirmed and the victim’s injuries were unsurvivable,” according to WFD. “Please keep the victim’s family and friends in your thoughts and prayers along with the first responders in this unimaginable tragedy.”
The victim was later identified as Hollie Fox.
A neighbor and friend of the family told KSL-TV that the community is devastated over her loss. She said Hollie was a very sweet girl who had a heart of gold and was always there to help those in need.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)