Four More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Tuesday reported 371 people tested positive for COVID-19 and four additional Utahns have died.
One of the four who died passed away before March 1, authorities said.
Utah administered 24,329 more vaccines.
Currently, 134 people are hospitalized with the virus.
This article is being updated. For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reported 2,380,237 people have been tested – 5,113 more than yesterday.
Of those, a total of 385,127 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19. That’s an increase of 371 new cases over Monday’s report.
The rolling 7-day average for positive tests is 424 per day.
The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” is 6.7%. The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” is 3.4%.
There re 134 people currently hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 57 of those people are in intensive care units.
Utah’s ICUs are 60.1% occupied. The ICU beds in the state’s referral centers are 63.1% full.
UDOH reported four more Utahns have lost their lives as a direct result of COVID-19. One of those people died before March 1.
To date, the virus has killed 2,118 of the state’s residents.
The following individuals’ deaths were reported Tuesday:
- Male, between 65-84, Utah County resident, hospitalized
- Female, between 24-44, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized
- Female, between 45-64, Iron County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, older than 85, Uintah County resident, not hospitalized
Utah has administered 1,331,862 total vaccines, which is an increase of 24,329 from Monday’s numbers.
So far, 878,867 people have received at least one dose, and 487,418 Utahns are fully immunized.
There have been 1,501,900 vaccines shipped to the state.
For more information on scheduling a vaccination, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)