Fire Destroys Home In Kaysville; Second Blaze At Location In 4 Years
KAYSVILLE, Utah – A house fire in Davis County kept firefighters busy late Tuesday and into Wednesday morning.
Thankfully, no one was in the structure. It’s the second fire to happen at that location in four years, authorities said.
The incident began shortly before 10:30 p.m. in the area of 1100 South and Sunset Drive.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) March 31, 2021
“As we arrived on scene, we could see that the house was fully engulfed in flames,” said Kaysville Fire Capt. Jason Taylor.
He said crews had to attack the fire from the outside, and it took them about two hours to get it under control.
A portion of the roof as well as the walls collapsed in the blaze.
“It was a gorgeous home, and it was redone about four years ago,” said neighbor Kendra Michaelis.
The home was renovated after that initial fire, which Kendra and her husband, Steve, recall all too well.
“It was surreal to see the same house burning we watched burn a few years ago,” Kendra Michaelis said.
“It was devastating,” Steve Michaelis added.
Fire Chief Paul Erickson recalled the first fire as well. He said this time, when crews responded to the 911 calls, they found flames were shooting out of the home.
“It was fully-engulfed on three sides,” he said.
The home is complete loss, Erickson said, but no lives were lost and no one was injured.
“I’m so relieved that the family wasn’t inside,” Kendra Michaelis said.
Multiple agencies responded to the incident, including crews from Layton, Farmington, North Davis and South Davis fire districts.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 12623)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 8243)
- Netflix’s ‘Falling for Christmas’ filmed at these charming Utah locations - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6214)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as ‘the life of the party’ - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5376)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 5319)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4730)