Border Patrol Video Shows 2 Kids Dropped Over 14-Foot Border Fence
SANTA TERESA, N.M. – A U.S. Border Patrol camera caught someone dropping two young children over a border fence in New Mexico and then leaving the kids there.
Authorities released a night vision video they say shows a human smuggler climb up and over a 14-foot high wall with a small child. The person then dangles the child down over the ground on the U.S. side and drops them.
The child hits the ground and is slow to get up.
Another person is seen then lowering and dropping another child onto the ground.
The individual then jumps off the wall on the Mexico side and runs away along with another person.
According to a press release from Customs and Border Patrol, an agent in Santa Teresa, New Mexico, was operating the camera and saw it all go down.
She alerted agents to the location, where they found a 3-year-old and a 5-year-old.
According to the CBP statement, the children are sisters from Ecuador. They were checked out at a local hospital and released.
The girls are now in Border Patrol temporary holding until they are placed elsewhere by Health and Human Services.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)