Woman Celebrates Her 92nd Birthday On The Slopes At Deer Valley
DEER VALLEY, Utah – Spring skiing is in full bloom, and one 92-year-old woman spent her birthday hitting the slopes.
Dorothy Case said she couldn’t ask for anything more on her birthday.
For her, a happy birthday means being surrounded by loved ones at Deer Valley Ski Resort at the Silverlake Lodge.
“Every run is one more run,” she said.
Dorothy’s been hitting the slopes for 70 years now, and on her 92nd birthday, she said she has no intention of hanging up her skis anytime soon.
“It’s the perfect way to get out and have fun,” she said.
Dorothy is originally from Oregon, but she moved to Brigham City when she was in her 20s. She’s raised her family in the Beehive State, and all four of her children with her at Deer Valley to celebrate the big day.
So what’s her secret to a long and happy life?
“You don’t get old and stop skiing,” Dorothy said. “You stop skiing and then you get old. So I’m going to keep skiing!”
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)